Tomei PONCAM and PROCAM Camshafts for R35 GTR
More info below
Now available HERE!Tomei redesigned their camshafts and changed some part numbers. We kept this page active for referencing the old part numbers. Follow the new link to buy a new set!
• Pre-set valve timing
• Works best with bolt-on turbos
• Stable idling
• Compatible with stock valve springs
• Noticeable, linear gains in performance
• High spec profiles for professional tuners /applications
• Designed for high power setups
• Requires high-performance valve springs
|Part Number||Intake/Exhaust||Duration||Max Cam Lift (mm)||Max Valve Lift (mm)||Cold Valve Clearance (mm)(±0.01)||Valve Timing Centerline||Base Circle
ΦCompatible with Stock Valve Springs?
1. The TOMEI "VALC" (Velocity, Acceleration, Lift, Control) profile allows the valves to open faster and for longer. This translates to faster lift and increased area under the 'lift curve' which in turn generates more power. Greater area under the 'lift curve' = greater air intake.
2. Unlike the valve opening, the VALC profile ensures that the valves close at a slower rate, helping to prevent common valvetrain related issues.
3. With a conventional direct-acting valvetrain, the maximum lift is usually determined by the size/diameter of the valve lifter. Selecting a high-lift camshaft without taking this into consideration often results in the camshaft lobes travelling beyond the surface of the valve lifter. This causes the lobe to make contact with the edge of the lifter, damaging both components over time.
The ideal performance orientated high-lift camshaft needs to have a profile that maximizes lobe travel on the lifter without exceeding the outer edge.
VALC profile camshafts have achieved this ideal by deliberately reducing the maximum cam velocity to limit lobe travel on the lifter surface.
- Compared to standard profile camshafts of the same lift, VALC profile camshafts are able to then then off-set the difference for even greater lift/performance gains.
- The camshafts work together with the factory intake variable valve timing for noticeable performance improvements across the range.
- Optimized oil feed hole diameter and design ensures a steady flow of oil to the journals.
- Specially made robust hollow cores for a lightweight yet highly durable camshaft.
- Same valve timing as stock VR38DETT. Works seamlessly with the stock ECU.
Cancer and Reproductive Harm