Terms and Conditions of Use
By purchasing from us online or in store at STM Tuned Inc., you agree to abide by our stated Terms, Conditions, Rates and Policies. Any new revisions or updates will be prominently displayed here on this page.
If you have any questions or concerns, as always, feel free to Contact Us.
Most orders will ship within 2-7 business days.
• If an item has a significant backorder, we will contact you.
• Please allow 1-6 weeks for some JDM Mitsubishi items.
• Please allow 1-4 weeks for hand-fabricated items (such as manifolds).
• Please allow 1-4 weeks for powdercoat or ceramic coatings.
• Feel free to Contact Us and check in on your order anytime!
When your order ships, you will receive a tracking number sent to the email you provided when checking out. If you have not received your tracking number after 7 days, feel free to call us for a status.
Some items may be on back order from the manufacturer. If this is a significant delay, we will contact you. Many of the items we sell are USA-Made, hand fabricated, one of a kind masterpieces. If the item is not on the shelf, please allow extra time as they are being made to order just for you!
|Shipping, Taxes & Fees:|
Overnight or 2-Day Shipping:
• MOST parts are available for immediate shipping, but not ALL products may be in stock at the time of purchase.
• When the product comes available, we will ship via your selected method.
• If it will be a significant delay or a back-ordered item, we will contact you.
Free Shipping and Flat Rate Options:
• To the lower 48 United States only (Excludes Hawaii and Alaska)
• Some items are not eligible for free shipping
• We generally use FedEX or USPS
Some Products may only ship to the United States:
Including but not limited to: K&N products, Seibon products, fluids, batteries, aerosols, engines, transmissions, body parts, wheels and tires. Fluids and batteries can only ship via ground delivery to the lower 48 continental United States. Additionally, some products can not to ship to California.
Oversize Shipping Charges:
If you are purchasing a hood, trunk, door, door skin, roof, roof cover, spoiler, front lip, bumper, seat, panel, wheels, tires, engine, transmission or any oversized or heavy item, we sometimes include a flat-rate fee in the price to cover the costs.
Freight Forwarding Companies:
We are not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen packages when delivered by a Freight Forwarding company.
Some customers who are usually located outside the USA opt to have their packages delivered to a third party Freight Forwarding Company. These companies will sometimes open your packages, repackage them and ship them along to you. Normally, there isn't an issue, but recently we got tied up in a scam with one of them. So we must have it here in plain text that we will not be responsible for your package if you opt to have it sent to a Freight Forwarding company.
United States Taxes:
We currently must collect sales tax from customers shipping to the following states.
Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin.
• STM is located in Spencerport, NY USA.
• Purchaser is responsible for ALL duties, customs, tarrif, declarations, etc.
• International orders may take up to 30 days shipping time.
For international orders outside the United States of America, the customer is 100% responsible for any customs, duties, declarations, taxes or brokerage fees associated with the delivery. If the customer refuses the acceptance of the package and it it returned to STM, we reserve the right to deduct all shipping fees and charges associated with the loss from your product refund.
|Seibon Carbon Products:|
• Seibon requires inspection of the product UPON DELIVERY.
• When you receive your package, open it and inspect it IMMEDIATELY before the driver leaves.
• If there is any damage at all, even a small crack in the clear coat, you much notate that with the driver and write it on the Bill of Lading. Do not reject the package, you must accept it. Then you must contact us at STM within 24 hours to report the shipping damage. If you do not contact us to report the damage in 24 hours there is absolutely nothing we can do. If we can get the info in to Seibon within 24 hours, they can start the claim process. Each claim may differ by damage. Seibon may offer a partial refund or a full replacement. If they are offering a full replacement, Seibon will require photo/video proof of the original component utterly destroyed. This prevents fraud so people don't get a spiderweb crack, sell it, then get a brand new replacement.
|Returns and Exchanges:|
The Quick Run-Down:
• Incorrect Items (STM mistake) - No charge to you!
• No Returns on Opened, Used, Modified, Marked or Installed Products
• No Returns on Electronics or Batteries (Includes injectors, fuel pumps, gauges, sensors, etc.)
• No Returns on Forced Performance Products
• No Returns on Closeout or Garage Sale Items
• Return in 15 Days - Full Product Refund **
• Return in 16-30 Days - 20% Restocking Fee **
• No Returns Over 30 Days *
• Damaged, Stolen or Lost Packages will be a Unique Scenario
• Warranties are by Manufacturer only
• You must have your STM Invoice Number
* The counter starts when you receive your item to the day STM receives your returned package.
* This is important! Please read this before you ship your return:
If your item shipped to you for FREE, your refund will be minus:
• The standard 20% restocking fee (If 16-30 days)
• The FULL SHIPPING PRICE
• (You will lose your free shipping bonus if you return the item. Special conditions will apply if you are only returning a small portion of the order.)
• If you have had the item in your possession for longer than 30 days, we cannot accept returns or start claims for incorrect or damaged items. Please check your order when it arrives!
• You purchase a product for $200.
• Shipping was $15, but it shipped to you for free.
• You return it and we receive it within 30 days (from the date you got the package), you will receive a refund for $145:
- $15.00 (Shipping Charge)
- $40.00 (20% of $200 Restocking Fee)
More information on Returns...
|Lost or Stolen Packages:|
If your package is lost or stolen, you will need to contact the shipping carrier and file a claim or possibly call the authorities. Unfortunately this is never easy or fast, but fortunately it doesn't happen that often. We all pay a lot of money for shipping and put our trust in the company to deliver our parts safely, so we fully understand the frustration. STM is not the delivery company and as soon as your package leaves our facility, it's in their hands.
Each carrier has a different policy and they update and change their policies from time to time.
Make sure you entered your home address correctly. We hate to say it, but it does happen more often than you would think. Some people enter their old address, maybe the computer auto-corrected a street address - doesn't hurt to check!
Best Case Scenario / Quick Run Down:
• You know the shipping company
• You know your tracking number
• Contact the shipping company
• File a claim (We cannot file the claim for you.)
Contact us if you need help getting your package information. Unfortunately, because you are the recipient, you must be the one to file the claim. Some companies will reimburse you, some companies will reimburse the shipper - each case is different and it's always inconvenient for everyone. We will do our best to help you along.
• FedEX - File a Claim
• USPS - File a Claim
• UPS - File a Claim
How it works:
• Discount Codes are entered on the Checkout Page.
• Only one Code may be used at a time.
• Some products are excluded.
• Read more about Discount Codes
Most of the products STM sells offer their own manufacturer warranty. STM will only warranty eligible STM products. For a direct product warranty claim, please contact the manufacturer for full details on coverage.
STM offers a Lifetime Warranty on STM Parts to the original purchaser against manufacturing defects.
STM Aluminum Exhaust Systems have no warranty.
STM is not responsible for any shipping costs, installation or labor fees. We are not responsible for neglect or improper installation. You must find your own means of getting the part to us if it is in need of repair.
Forced Performance Company Policy: All sales are final, only exception for cases where the wrong items were shipped. Any other cases where return is approved are subject to 20% restocking fee and goods are subject to inspection and approval prior to refund. Please refer to FP's Terms and Conditions.
Seibon Carbon: Please carefully inspect any Seibon piece before accepting delivery. Do not sign until you've fully inspected the contents. Please refer to Seibon's Terms and Conditions.
We reserve the right to cancel any order for any reason if the threat of fraud is tagged by our system. If we feel an order may be fraudulent, we will cancel the order and refund the payment. If this does happen and you are not an evil robot, please feel free to give us a call and order by phone or PayPal.
Please do not share your login information or password with other people. If your account is illegitimately used to redeem reward points, STM will not be responsible for the loss of them.
Not all items may be in stock at the time of purchase and may take extra time for shipping. Any and all prices are subject to change without notice. Some items and products are for race and track use only and may be illegal to run on your local streets. Please check all your local laws before purchase. Many items are designed to increase the power of your vehicle and it is your choice to modify your car. STM is not responsible for any damages that may incur from all that boost. Drive safe!