STM Evo 7/8/9 Staging Brake Kit
2001-2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII-IX
• Requires drilling, cutting and modification
• Must remove ABS
The STM Staging Brake Kit is a must-have for any drag racer. This complete kit allows you to pre-stage your Evo, keeping the brakes and driveline solid and consistent during your launch! Includes a new CNC staging brake and all necessary fittings and lines to go from the master cylinder to the rear calipers.
This kit can be installed using the new CNC brake handle or modified to accommodate your factory e-brake handle for a sneaky, stock appearance.
This kit only works on Evos without ABS and was designed with drag racing in mind. We do not suggest road racing or anything like that with this kit. It will work fine for daily driving but it is intended for off road use only. If you still need to remove your ABS, check out the STM Evo ABS Removal Kit.
Banjo fittings are included to mate up to your factory, Brembo calipers or use the elbow fittings if you are running the Wilwood calipers on the STM Rear Drag Brake Kit.
- This is a detailed, technical do-it-yourself install. If you are unsure of any components, do not attempt this on your own. Please have a highly reputable shop install this.
- This kit WILL require some drilling, cutting and modification to your Evo!
- The photos show the brake line routing from master cylinder to rear calipers.
- The brass fittings that come in the CNC brake are only used to protect the threads and interior of the CNC body.
- Fittings are included for the Brembos or STM Wilwood calipers.
- To route the brake lines, you'll have to drill into the underbody of the car. We will update the old, install photos soon, but you get the idea! Use the rubber clamps to then attach your brake lines securely.
- Remove all fittings from lines before determining routing!
Remove the Fittings First!
STM has teamed up with Goodridge to supply you with the best and most trusted brake lines. They have a tendency to put the fittings on the lines before they ship them to us... but not necessarily on the lines they SHOULD be on. When you open your package, just remove ALL the fittings from the brake lines first before you try lay everything out.
© All content is property of STM Tuned Inc
© All images are property of STM Tuned Inc
Cancer and Reproductive Harm