STM Evo 8/9/X AEM UEGO EvoScan Serial Logging Cable
2003-2006 Evolution VIII IX
2008-2015 Evolution X
The STM AEM UEGO EvoScan Serial Logging Cable allows you to directly log your AEM UEGO to your EvoScan. These work with Evolution VIII-IX-X, but may also work with other cars, depending on the logger and if it can accept external data.
These offer professionally soldered contacts and 4 feet of blue, and 4 feet of black wire to remotely mount your cable almost anywhere under your dash for easy access while logging your AEM wideband!
The STM Logging Cable connects directly to the serial output from the AEM Digital UEGO gauge/wideband. If you have a serial port on your laptop you need nothing else. With EvoScan, just check external wideband, and go to the top dropdown tab and select AEM wideband.
(1) 48" cable as pictured
AEM Wideband Gauge Serial Cable Installation Instructions (Evo VIII-IX-X):
- Connect the blue wire from the AEM WBO2 serial cable to the blue "analog" wire running from the AEM UEGO harness.
- Connect the black wire from the AEM WBO2 serial cable with a terminal lug to chassis ground.
- If you have a serial port on your laptop go ahead and attach the cable.
- Go to Start/Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager. Scroll down until you see the serial port listed. Right click and select advanced properties. You are going to have to set the COM port for the serial cable to COM port 3. Save and exit.
- Go into EvoScan and click the Wideband tab at the top and select the correct Serial/COM port it is set up on. (There are known bugs with Evoscan when a COM port higher than 3 is used).
- If you do not have a serial port on your computer, you will have to purchase a serial to USB converter, the Prolific brand serial to USB converter is a good choice. Install all software associated with the Serial to USB converter!
- Connect the serial to USB converter. DO NOT CONNECT THE SERIAL ADAPTER YET!
- Go to Start/Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager. Scroll down until you see the serial to USB converter listed. Right click and select advanced properties. You are going to have to set the COM port for the serial to USB converter to COM port 3. Save and exit.
- Go into Evoscan and click the wideband tab at the top and select the correct Serial/COM port you just set the serial to USB up on, which should be COM port 3. (There are known bugs with Evoscan when a COM port higher than 3 is used).
- Connect the AEM serial cable and take a log to validate every thing is working. If you have problems, there is an excellent guide here... forums.evolutionm.net
If you do not have a serial port on your laptop, you will need to purchase a serial to usb adapter to interface with the gauge.
These do not work with analog wideband gauges.
© All content is property of STM Tuned Inc
© All images are property of STM Tuned Inc
Makes connecting an AEM UEGO a breeze. Be sure to also get a keyspan USB-Serial adapter which is the most compatible with Evoscan. Do not get this if you're using a Prosport W/B. it doesn't work.
good quality and very simple to install. wire length was perfect. thanks
Very Simple to install and the wires are long enough to mount almost any where in the dash!!
Cancer and Reproductive Harm