EuroExport Valve Spring Compressor Tool for B18A B18B B20 Non-VTEC (SC-30012)
Honda/Acura B18A B18B B20 (NON-VTEC)
• CNC machined 6061 anodized aluminum
• Can be used with the head on the block
• Will not slip and scratch or damage your head like universal clamp type valve spring compressors
• No need to remove the rocker arm shafts
• Included is a small magnetized screw driver to very easily remove or install the keeper
• Made in the USA
• Billet Valve Spring Compressor Body
• Retainer Cap
• Long Main Bolt
• Anchor Bolts and Hardware
• Magnetic Screwdriver
• Install Lube
If using with the head on the block, cylinders need to be pressurized to 100PSI to prevent the valve from falling into the cylinder. If using with the head out of the engine compartment, put something bellow the valve to keep it pressed upward.
- Place the dowel pins with the thinner end in the block and the wider end facing up. Align the holes on the tool with the dowel pins, and place the shorter bolts and washers to secure the tool.
- Place the retainer cap on top of the retainer, lubricate the long bolt with provided grease and start turning the long bolt clockwise with the help of a wrench (14mm) to apply pressure to the retainer cap and compress the valve spring until the keepers are completely visible and can come out.
- Using the magnetized end of the screw driver remove the keepers.
- To reinstall the valve assembly, place the valve (if removed for some reason), valve seals, valve spring, and retainer; compress the assembly using the same steps as above.
- Place a small amount of the provided grease on the flat tip of the screw driver and place a keeper over it, the grease will hold the keeper in place and allow you to place the keepers easily.
- Once keepers are in place, start turning the bolt counterclockwise to relieve the pressure of the valve spring.
What a great product for my B20A6 Prelude Head. Very easy to use and compressed the valve springs whilst still in the car. Also used on a spare head on the bench. Highly recommend!!!
I tried a rental version from local auto parts store, but it couldn't do anything. This one is much easier to use and I had no issues using it for my head. Wish it worked for vtec heads also, but I know they are setup much differently. All in all great tool and much easier to use that other tools.
Cancer and Reproductive Harm