HKS Forged Pistons and Rods (Stage 2) for R35 GTR (21004-AN017)
HKS forged piston and rod kit for the VR38DETT R35 GTR. Please note, this is not a regularly stocked item and may take up to 4 months to deliver. Genuine HKS parts are made in Japan.
2009+ Nissan R35 GTR VR38DETT
This is not a regularly stocked item and could take 1-4 months for delivery.
This high performance package includes pistons and connecting rods designed for R35 GT-R with higher engine output. HKS forged piston and connecting rod kit is a must to upgrade the engine performance using with the GT800 Racing Specs and/or Stage 2 Camshaft.
Higher Engine Output:
• Factory replacement type piston & connecting rods kit with the standard bore size.
• To avoid piston land breakage, HKS pistons are made with forged material instead of casting like the factory pistons. The shape of STEP2 is the same as STEP1.
• It's recommended to use with other items of the GT800 Package.
• In-house test at 900PS confirmed the durability and safety.
• The setting range is widened by reducing the compression rate from 9.0 factory ratio to 8.7. This is effective to increase the engine output using the aluminum block specs and/or bigger cylinder bore.
• STEP2 piston's recess is 1mm deeper than a stock to best use with the STEP2 camshaft.
Factory Replacement Type:
• The weight of the connecting rod is the same as the factory since the affect of the V6 engine's peculiar vibration should be considered.
• The piston is light-weighted to approximately 25g.
• The weight is optimized to install to the factory crankshaft so it is not necessary to use a dummy weight to balance.
Higher Reliability by In-house Design & Production
• The best 3D profile for this piston was selected after various profile tests. The forged material exclusively for HKS was used.
• With the results of in-house analysis on the factory connecting rod, the durability is improved by approximately 46% maintaining the balance.
|DETAIL||HKS STEP2||HKS STEP1||Stock|
|Small-end diameter. (mm)||φ23||φ23||φ23|
|Large-end diameter. (mm)||φ59||φ59||φ59|
|Center distance (mm)||165.1||165.1||165.1|
|Reference weight (g)||734.6||722||724.6|
|Bolt||M9 X 1.0||M9 X 1.0||M9 X 1.0|
|Capable Torque (kgf-m)||130||114.8||78.6|
|Mark on piston's back|| & || or later|
|Label on package||Before March 9 2011||After March 9 2011|
Recess of STEP2 Piston is deeper than the STEP1. However, the recess of the STEP1 piston has been changed to the same depth of the STEP2 as of the production on March 11, 2011. All stock of the STEP1 on April 15 includes pistons with deeper recess.
Cancer and Reproductive Harm